- NIH Scientific Data SIG – FAIR Sample and Data Access – 2017-06-23
- BIKE Summer School – Overview biobank research infrastructure and data sharing – 2017-06-20
- BBMRI-ERIC – Introduction to the MIABIS SOP working group – 2017-06-19
- Maelstrom Workshop – MOLGENIS – 2017-05-23
- ISBER – FAIR Sample and Data Access – 2017-05-12
- RD-Connect Annual Meeting – Cross Cutting Session PPRL and Linked Data – PPRL Update – 2017-05-02
- TMF workshop biobanks – MIABIS as a modular system – 2015-02-19
- TMF workshop biobanks – BBMRI-NL: Biobanks & Registries in the Netherlands – 2015-02-18
In my professional life I have given presentations or spoken to members of the press on several occassions. A small selection of links and references can be found here.
In the press
- Winter, Brenno de: Apple laat ernstige lekken OS X open, WebWereld, September 24, 2009
- Zwaag, Gonny van der: Sysadmins blikken terug op 2008, Techworld, December 29, 2008
- Winter, Brenno de: Hackers kraken servers RedHat en Fedora, WebWereld, August 23, 2008
- Winter, Brenno de: SELinux schakelt Linux-logboeken uit, TechWorld, March 4, 2008
- Winter, Brenno de: Java of C#, Computable, April 8, 2006
- Winter, Brenno de: ICT Roddels 5: OS/2 nog niet dood, ICT Roddels, October 31, 2005
- Cook: 2004 Desktop Linux Presentations, LWN, April 27, 2004
- Kucharik, Amy: New Lindows reaching out to users, resellers, Search Enterprise Linux, April 27, 2004
Besides the presentations listed here I have given several others on Linux, OS/2, VMware and Networking for companies or other private organisations.
- OS/2 Networking in heterogenious networks with Samba, Warpstock USA, Hershey, October 6, 2005
- The Future of eComStation (version 1.2 and beyond), Warpstock USA, Hershey, October 8, 2005
- eComStation 1.2 Class, Warpstock USA, Hershey 2005 (joint presentation with Alex Taylor and Chuck McKinnis)
- eComStation in a Linux network, Warpstock Europe, Arnhem, 2004
- Linux in Europe, Desktop Linux Summit, San Diego, 2004 (part of the International panel)
- Mandrake Linux, Wireless Leiden, Leiden, November 3, 2003
- The New eComStation Installation Program, Warpstock Europe, Arnhem, 2002
- Workplace Shell en REXX, HCC OS/2 gg, Utrecht, April 20, 2002
- Benjamins, Joachim, Enckevort, David van, A True Revolution for OS/2 – eComStation, OS/2 Voice, October 2005
- Enckevort, David van: “OpenSource/2? – Waarom OS/2 nooit OSS wordt”, Draad/2, Jaargang 13, nummer 1, April 2008
I studied archaeology at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands from 1994 till 1999. During my study and afterwards I have written some articles and given some presentations.
Presentations and lessons
For the Gymnasium Bernrode, the grammar school which I attended from 1988 till 1994 I gave a couple of presentations:
- Information on archaeology as a profession for students who were interested in the field.
- A lesson on archaeology for fourth grade students in 2004
- A lesson on Roman archaeology and the Imperial Fora and the Palatine for fifth grade students in 2006
In September 1999 I presented my graduation research on Etruscan city walls during the fifth annual EAA conference in Bournemouth.
During my studies at Leiden University I have written a couple of articles on several topics. The last work I’ve written so far is my graduation paper, which has not been published, but which is available upon request.
- Enckevort, David. van: “Archeologie & Internet,” Profiel, Vol 7-1, Leiden April 1997 (ISSN 0927-9318), pp. 17-20
- Enckevort, David van: “Een Inheems Romeins Grafveld – Verslag van de opgravingen van de VU in Tiel Passewaaij,” Profiel, Vol 7-2, Leiden December 1997 (ISSN 0927-9318), pp. 17-20
- Enckevort, David van: “Vinger aan de pols bij de commerciële archeologie,” p.i.t., Vol 1, Leiden April 1999, pp. 19-22
- Enckevort, David van: “Recensie p.i.t.,” Profiel, Vol 8-3, Leiden June 1999 (ISSN 0927-9318), pp. 47-48
- Enckevort, David van: Etruscan City Walls – A Comparative Study of the Etruscan City Walls (Part I & II), Leiden, August 1999